Thursday, July 7, 2016

Truth teller

And now the Blob hands the mic to someone who knows what he's talking about, someone who gets it, someone who, when the Back In My Day virus starting going around, decided to skip school that day.

Come on down, Larry Bird!

And lay down a little reality while you're at it.

While the Back In My Day crowd decries Kevin Durant changing jobs and prattles on about how none of the stars of their era (which, of course, was way better than this one) would have done what these mercenaries are doing now, Bird has his own take on all of it. And it's a lot more sensible than  everyone else's.

Asked in a sitdown Q&A with Nick Friedell of ESPN about all these ridiculous free agent deals being handed out, for instance, here's what he said:

"I'm happy it has. That means the league's doing well, the owners are doing well, the players are doing well. That's what it was all about. But you got to remember, when I came into the league, the guys before me were bitchin' about how much money I made. So it just goes down the line, so that's how it works."

Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment