Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Cruds break!

 (And, as always, those who are SICK AND TIRED OF THE STUPID PIRATES are excused. But this does not mean you're not responsible for this material. I mean it! This is my job!)

(Donald Sutherland, "Animal House.")

Now where was I?

Oh, yeah. My Cruds.

I know them, see, so I knew they were just having us all on when they got off to a gaudy 20-8 start and were, for a trembling moment, the second-best team in baseball. Even then, I could see the smoke and mirrors. Even then, I knew they weren't that good. They weren't fooling me.

Because you know what?

Since winning 20 of their first 28 games, the Cruds have now lost 12 of their last 14. 

They're two games behind Milwaukee in the NL Central and fifth overall in the National League, a fortnite after being No. 1.

By the end of this week, the Blob predicts, they'll be back home under .500 again.

"Wow. What happened to them?" someone asked me the other day.

"They finally realized they were the Pirates," I replied.

Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment