Saturday, September 8, 2018

Chirp-chirp!

Well, I've got my afternoon planned.

It's a five-item agenda that, OK, involves a fairly significant prison break from reality. But to hell with you and your guffawing. Loyalty is loyalty, even if it makes no sense. In fact I would argue it frequently makes no sense.

In any case, the agenda is this:

1. Sitting down on the couch.

2. Strategically placing snacks and libations within easy reach.

3. Turning on the TV.

4. Spending the next three-and-a-half hours watching my Ball State Cardinals SHOCK THE DAMN WORLD by pounding lumps on those candy-asses from Notre Dame. It will be ugly. It will be glorious. The statue of Knute Rockne outside Notre Dame Stadium will come to life and demand to know what the hell is going on. The statue of Frank Leahy will come to life, mournfully shake his head and say "Oh, lads." Fair Catch Corby will be seen to weep.

And then ...

5. I'll wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment