Thursday, June 9, 2022

A rare double

 The Blob is famous for always being wrong about stuff. I mean, I covered the Indianapolis 500 for 40 years, so I kinda know something about it, but you know how many times I've correctly predicted the winner in those 40 years?

Four. Four times.

But strange things happen in the cosmos. Like, I actually think I'm getting the hang of being right once in awhile.

The other day, for instance, I pointed out that, because of the nature of these NBA playoffs, the Warriors would probably win Game 2 easily on account of they blew Game 1 so spectacularly.

And then the Warriors won Game 2 by 19.

Which I noted, and then wrote this:

And so, on to Game 3. On to Boston.

Where the Celtics will adjust the way the Warriors adjusted in Game 2, and Boston will slow down Curry just enough to keep the Warriors from putting together one of their fabled nuclear runs. And the home team will pull out the win by, oh, let's say eight or 10 points.

Actually, it was only by six, 116-110.

And Steph Curry got hurt.

And now I'm thinking if he's really hurt, the Warriors are in big-time trouble. Unless, that is, Draymond Green, who was pretty much a ghost last night, goes all beast mode in Game 4, and Klay Thompson hits some more threes, and the Warriors even the series again.

I think this is exactly what's going to happen.

On the other hand, I've already pulled off the rare Double Right this week. A Triple Right may be too much an affront for the sports gods to stomach.

Guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment