Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Dan on the lam

I know what Daniel Snyder is doing. He's looking for the one-armed man who killed his wife.

Heard he was hiding out in the French Riviera. On a yacht. On, you know, Daniel Snyder's yacht.

And, OK, so enough with the bad jokes from "The Fugitive." Even if Snyder is doing an excellent impression of Dr. Richard Kimble right now.

Like Kimble, he's on the lam, having fled to his yacht across the pond to avoid a subpoena from the U.S. House Oversight Committee. The committee wants him to testify about all the underhanded crap he's pulled over the years as owner of the Washington Commanders. You know, like intimidating witnesses, smearing former employees to take the heat off himself, feeling up Commanders cheerleaders and behaving like some street-corner pimp. All that cool stuff.

Now we learn that Snyder's not only a dirtbag, he's a fugitive from justice. 

He's overseas to avoid being served, and yesterday one of his attorneys refused to be served on his behalf. "Declined to accept" the subpoena, is how the ESPN story put it.

Declined to accept? Like, what, it was a dinner invitation or something?

The Blob is no legal scholar, so it's not surprising this is news to me. You can decline to accept a subpoena? Really? So if, God forbid, a process server ever came to my door, I could just say, "Nah, I'm good" and hand the subpoena back to him?

Of course I couldn't. But of course, I'm not Daniel Snyder, hiding out in the French Riviera behind my money and my Great Wall of Suits and my rich-white-guy privilege.

None of which changes what he is now.

I believe "common criminal" fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment