Thursday, April 12, 2018

April (no) fool

The Chicago Cubs got all Cubbish with my Pittsburgh Pirates yesterday, beating them briskly about the head, neck and pitching staff by a robust 13-5 count. This means the Bucs remain six games clear of the Cincinnati Reds in the battle for the NL Central cellar.

I'm sorry. What was that?

Yes, I know the Pirates are 8-3 and lead the division by two games.

Yes, I know this means technically they're actually battling the Cubs for first place in the NL Central

Yes, I know, in that regard, what T.S. Eliot said about April.

Here's the thing though: It's only the cruelest month if your mind isn't right. And mine is.

So never mind any and all current illusions. The hand-to-hand combat with the Reds for NL Central horridness continues.

All other alleged combats notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment