So now the federal government owns the Los Angeles Lake--
I'm sorry, what?
You're saying that's not true?
OK, then, so Donald John "Paws In Every Pie" Trump, president of these United States, owns the Los Angeles Lake--
Excuse me?
You're saying that's not true, either?
OK, O-kay. I'll take off my tinfoil hat. But as L.A. Times columnist Bill Plaschke writes, something kinda stinks here, and for once it ain't the Prez's Underoos.
This after Lakers owner Mark Walter reportedly sold the Lakers this week for a record $12.5 billion, less than 14 months after buying them. The new owners are Bob Iger, former CEO of Disney, and Josh Kushner, a venture capitalist who recently tried to buy a minority stake in the World Cup until widespread condemnation caused FIFA head Gianni Infantino to back out of the deal.
"Kushner ... Kushner," you're saying now, a bit puckishly. "No, where have I heard that name before?"
To which the Blob replies: Yes, OK, he's the brother of Trump's son-in-law, real estate dude and alleged slumlord Jared Kushner.
This of course raises some eyebrows, and not just Plaschke's. Jared Kushner, after all, has swung some ethically shady deals since his ethically shady father-in-law became president. This includes playing footsie with the Saudis while kinda-sorta serving as an extra-legal representative of daddy-in-law's administration.
Now, that in itself doesn't mean anything. However ...
However, the guy who just abruptly sold the Lakers to Iger and Jared's brother is being investigated for some suspicious bookkeeping by the federal government. Donald Trump's federal government.
"Oh, come on," you're saying now. "You're implying that Trump's feds put the arm on Mark Walter so he'd sell the Lakers to Trump's son-in-law's brother? Like this is some kind of 'Godfather' make-him-an-offer-he-can't-refuse shenanigan?"
Of course I'm not implying that. Besides, Trump says he's got nothing to do with any of this, and whose word is more golden than Trump's?
All I'm saying is, it is a trifle weird, given that Walter became the official owner of the Lakers only last October, when he was unanimously approved by the league. And now he's selling them? And, shall we say, rather abruptly? Who does that, unless ...
But, no. I will be That Guy. I will not put the tinfoil hat back on and start babbling about chemtrails and vaccines causing autism, like the Prez's batshite director of Health and Human Services (and the Prez himself).
Although that tinfoil hat looks mighty fine, if you tilt it just-so. Mighty fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment