I'll tip my cap for this one to a guy named Butch Williams, whom I don't know from Adam but who runs a political Face Thingy page called Hoosiers Against Braun. You can infer from that he's not a big fan of Mike Braun, Indiana's governor and A-list member of Fearless Leader Donald John Trump's fan club.
Butch, needless to say, thinks less than highly of F.L. Not to say the Guv.
In that context, he posted a Possibly Relevant Thought about the fact parts of northwest Indiana, and specifically Gary, have been without power now for almost two weeks after a series of fierce storms hit the Region earlier in August. Might that cause the Chicago Bears have second thoughts about the whole moving-to-northwest-Indiana thing?
An excellent question.
I mean, the Guv has offered the Bears everything but naming rights to the city of Hammond to move there, and for all we know he's thrown that into the deal, too. Butkus, In., anyone? George Halas Heights? Sweetness Rapids?
Coming soon to a roofed stadium near you: The East Bearsville Bears.
Who'll be hosting the evil Green Bay Packers as soon as the lights come back on.
Because, seriously, that might be a scenario should another storm blow through and NIPSCO again can't find its hindparts with both hands and a flashlight (which it would need should the power go out again). And if the Bears aren't thinking that, it would seem the Guv is.
Or maybe there's another explanation for Braun's public scolding of NIPSCO this week, going so far as to call for an investigation of the utility. Remarkable stuff coming from one of the more hyper pro-business governors to come down the pike in some time.
"Stupid NIPSCO! Those bleeps are gonna crash the Bears deal!" you can imagine the Guv ranting behind closed doors. "And after I offered the McCaskeys the Golden Dome over there at Notre Dame! The Domers won't like it, but screw 'em. I let 'em keep Fair Catch Corby, didn't I?"
Or, you know, something like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment