Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Decisions, decisions

 Saw an ESPN item today about Pete Carroll, who won a Super Bowl in Seattle and blew another one a couple years later, deciding to put off naming a starting quarterback because he can't decide between Geno Smith and Drew Lock.

Having run off his Hall of Fame QB, Russell Wilson, this is a classic case of being hoist by your own petard. And what it says to the Blob is Carroll would really prefer not to be starting either of the quarterbacks with which he's left himself, but he can't really say that.

The Blob, however, can. And so, through the miracle of completely making stuff up, here's exactly what's going on in Pete's mind right now ...

For God's sake. Drew Lock and Geno Smith. The hell was I thinking? It's like choosing between head cheese and lutefisk. They're both vile, but a man's gotta eat, so ...

 Cripes. why didn't we treat Russell better? Why won't the 49ers pull the trigger on Jimmy G? I've left 'em so many messages they've probably reported me for stalking.

Now it's Drew ... Geno; Geno ... Drew. Gaaah! I'm screwed either way. I mean, look at the division I'm in. The Cardinals have Kyler Murray. The Rams have Matt Stafford. Even that Trey Lance kid is starting to look OK in Frisco, I hear.

Me?

I don't even have Matt Saracen from "Friday Night Lights." Or that little turd J.D. McCoy.

Oh, no. I've got Drew and Geno. Or Geno and Drew. Hell, I don't even have Andrew Luck's number anymore.

'Course, he'd probably tell me he got the crap kicked out of him in Indy, so why would he come to Seattle to get more crap kicked out of him? For the weather? The coffee? A lovely boat ride on Puget Sound?

I shoulda retired while the retiring was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment