Friday, October 6, 2017

Sack of the year

So this was the day I was going to say all sorts of mean yet completely appropriate things about Cam Newton, Caveman of the Year, who tried to make a sexist joke at the expense of a woman sportswriter the other day and discovered that nobody thought it was funny, on account of it wasn't.

I was going to respond by saying something like "Dude, it's 2017. Maybe you heard about it."

Or, "Shut up and go make me a sandwich."

Or even,  "It's funny to hear a male athlete talk about a female sportswriter like he thinks it's 1956 or something."

But then I read this. And I figured nothing I could write would be more sublime than the headshot Sally Jenkins delivers here.

Add another concussion to Cam's collection.

Update: Apparently the sportswriter Cam ridiculed is no prize, either. The author of a number of blatantly racist tweets. Here's hoping someone picks up where Jenkins left off and takes her down a peg, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment