Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Gators gone wild

And now, because the Blob is an official Hideous Uniform Shaming Zone, we present this, which is the getup Florida will be wearing at home against Texas A&M this weekend.

According to the promotional copy, they're "gator-inspired." I guess, although I've never seen a gator with a shiny silver head. I think they're "gator-inspired" in much the same way a guy wearing a charcoal-gray suit is "charcoal-inspired."

Also, it would have been nice if, somewhere in all that "swamp-green" and silver, they might have included a few touches that would remotely identify the wearers as, you know, the University of Florida football team.

Oh, wait. I guess the numbers will be orange, and there's a smidge of blue on the sleeves that you'll be able to see if you squint really hard. So I guess it's all good.

I also guess the reaction of fans in Ben Hill Stadium will include this:

"Where are the Gators?"

"Cool, it's the X-Men!"

"Hey, look, they must be filming a sequel to 'Any Given Sunday'."

"WHERE ARE THE GATORS??"

No comments:

Post a Comment