Saturday, September 30, 2023

Cruds break!*

(* Last one of the season. Promise.)

("Better be!" you're saying)

Anyway ...

It's the last weekend of the baseball season, and the Blob is positively giddy. Because it looks like my Pittsburgh Cruds are NOT going to finish last in the NL Central, considering they're six games clear of the even more cruddy St. Louis Cruds, and not even my guys can blow a six-game lead in two days. 

I mean, I don't think they can.

So "Yay!" and "Huzzah!" and "Yippee-ki-yi-ay!" Unless the Marlins beat them twice this weekend, the Cruds are going to finish with either 76 or 77 wins, which would be the most they've won since winning 78 games in 2015.

Also, they're going to finish ahead of both St. Louis (last) and the Boston Red Sox (last in the AL East) for the first time in I can't remember when. In fact, if they take two from the Marlins and the Red Sox lose their last two, the Red Sox and the Cruds will finish with exactly the same number of wins (77).

I think Honus Wagner was still manning third base in Pittsburgh the last time that happened. So that's good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment