Thursday, April 4, 2024

Cruds break!

 We're a week into the baseball season now, and I'm looking at the National League standings, and, whoa, what's this?  My Pittsburgh Pira-

Excuse me. You in the back there, wildly waving your hand.

"I have to go to the bathroom!"

"But didn't you just go?"

"Yeah, but I gotta go again! Like, real bad! Just came on me kinda sudden!"

"Is it because I mentioned my Pittsburgh Pira-"

"Ahhh! Here it comes again! I REALLY gotta go!"

And, yeah, OK, I get it after all these years: Some people will do anything to bail on a Blob post about my Cruds.

But, hey! I don't care! 'Cause holy Rennie Stennett, they have the best record in the National League! 5-1 to start the season, baby!

And, yeah, before you ask, I know what's going on. They're jerking me around the way the Cruds always do. I am prepared for this. I am prepared for them to haul off and win a bunch of games for a week or two or maybe a month, and I'll start to think "Hmm, maybe Bob Nutting knows what he's doing", and then I'll catch myself and say "What are you, nuts?"

And pretty soon they'll be in last place again, their ancestral NL Central home. They ain't foolin' me.

Though I always wish they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment