Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Debatable

Decided not to watch Churchill and Gladstone last night, on account of I like my TV and wasn't  ready to fling my shoe through it yet.  But I heard there were some deep-concept policy exchanges, and Churchill and Gladstone didn't actually start throwing poo at each other, so that was good.

Although someone really needs to tell me where I can get a "Will you shut up, man?" bumper sticker.

And maybe one that references Churchill saying he saved Big Ten football, while you're at it.

Yes, that's right, America. President Donald J. "Flea Flicker" Trump gave the people Ohio State-Northwestern all by his lonesome. He saved Indiana's season and Purdue's season and Michigan's season and even Nebraska's season. He even saved Rutgers' season, though God knows why.

Anyway, it was good ol' Flea Flicker who did all that, with his magical deal-making skills. The players' parents raising a ruckus and the players themselves banding together unnervingly union-like and Nebraska's players dropping a cascade of lawsuits on the Big Ten didn't have a thing to do with it.

It was Flea Flicker and Flea Flicker alone. Just like it was Flea Flicker who saved us all from the pandemic and used his trusty rake to keep the West Coast from burning up and wants to keep us all safe from the Godless Antifa Democrats and scary brown and black people, and also from voting by mail.

Yeesh. I am so glad I didn't watch that.  The Big Ten brag alone would have caused my head to explode like all those guys in "Scanners."

And my TV would have been toast.

Instead, it's just fine this morning.

Well. Except for the way it weirdly keeps saying "Thank you for watching 'Hidden Figures' last night."

No comments:

Post a Comment