Monday, June 10, 2019

Their Cup runneth away, Part Deux

This just in from the precincts of The Kelly Cup Held Hostage, Day Whatever: Now the suits are getting involved.

As my former colleague Justin Cohn, who's been all over this hostage situation, reports here, the ECHL has decided to call in the lawyers and haul the Colorado Eagles into court over their refusal t relinquish the Cup. And Eagles owner Martin Lind -- the current frontrunner in the race for Sears Craftsman Tool of the Year -- is saying by all means, sue him, because then he can countersue.

In other words: "Wanna sue me? Go on. I dare ya."

Know what I think?

I think the ECHL should take him up on it. But I also think the league needs to hire these guys.

Yes, that's right, by God. If ever there was a job for the gang from "Leverage," this is surely it.

Bring 'em in. Let 'em locate the Cup by getting close to Lind and the Eagles front office. Then steal the damn thing back.

Does that not sound like an ideal "Leverage" plotline?

Sure does to me.

Get on it, ECHL. Timothy Hutton is waiting by the phone for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment