Tuesday, March 15, 2016

More stupid predictions

So today Da Tournament starts with the We're Not Supposed To Call Them Play-In Games, and so I'm sure you're all on pins and needles wondering how the Blob thinks this is all going to shake out, because the Blob has such a fabulous track record when it comes to picking the Madness.

(This is a joke, of course. The Blob does not have a fabulous track record in this area at all. The Blob, in fact, has been known to pick the Madness according to which team has the coolest mascot. It's why I fatally choose the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers to go deep every year Coastal Carolina makes the field.)

(A chanticleer is a rooster, by the way. At Coastal Carolina, they call him Chauncey. This is what he looks like. Pretty awesome, right?) 

But back to the bracket.

The Blob has Kansas, Oregon, Kentucky and Virginia in the Final Four. It could just as easily not be, but that's who I'm picking.

And I'm picking Kansas to win the title.

I'm picking Oregon because everyone thinks Oregon got a bogus No. 1 seed, and that's because Oregon plays on the West Coast so no one ever sees it. But I hear the Ducks are, like, really good. So I'm pickin' 'em.

I'm picking Kentucky because it has the best point guard in the country, and teams with guards usually do really well in this tournament. Also, unlike last year, no one expects UK to make it to the Final Four this year. Which is why it will make it to the Final Four this year.

I'm picking Virginia to finally justify its high seed and get to the Final Four, and also because (again) the Cavaliers have a stellar guard in Marcus Brogdon. I'm also picking them because everyone thinks Michigan State is going to go to the Final Four again, which is usually when the Spartans don't.

I'm picking Kansas, lastly, because it was the best team in the best conference. Which usually means nothing, but I think this year it will.

And, no, don't ask me why. I don't know why. If I knew why, the Chanticleers would have won it all one of the many years I picked them.

Anyway ... there you have it. Adjust your bracket accordingly.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment