Monday, May 6, 2019

S*** your POTUS says

Never let it be said Our Only Available President is afraid of weighing in on stuff, especially via the Twitter whatsis, especially on stuff he knows little to nothing about, which is most stuff.

And so ... of course OOAP had an opinion about the mess that was the 145th Kentucky Derby, in which Country House, a 65-1 longshot, "won" because the actual winner, Maximum Security, was disqualified for aggravated jostling.

Officials determined this after 22 minutes of the two most dreaded words in Sportsball World: Video Review.

Anyway, OOAP tweeted that this was a darn shame. It was total nonsense. It was ... wait for it ... POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK.

I'm sure I speak for many of you when I say, "Huh?"

Look. The Blob is on record that Maximum Security got hosed. Yes, he drifted into the path of a couple of horses. Yes, it caused those horses to check up a bit. But, no, it didn't seem egregious enough a violation to warrant a DQ. Especially in the Kentucky Derby.

But "political correctness"? I'm sorry, what?

I get that POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK is a favorite trope of the loony right these days. I also get that a lot of what the loony right considers POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK is, at bottom, simple common decency. What I don't get is how a disqualification in a horse race is "political correctness."

Or, maybe I do. Any examination of OOAP's background reveals an entitled trust-fund baby who thinks the only thing that matters is winning, and it doesn't matter how. Lying, cheating and out-and-out stealing? Completely fair. So if you get caught doing it, and someone rightly tries to punish you for it, it's a travesty of justice. It's a hoax. It's just jealous people who can't stand that I'm winning, and are out to get me.

It's, yes, POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK.

Even if we're just talking horses, apparently.

1 comment: