Saturday, October 6, 2018

Your MVP moment for today

No, it wasn't Chris Sale and J.D. Martinez saving the Boston Red Sox from an onset of Tight Collar Disease by beating the Yankees 5-4 in Game 1 of the ALDS.

(Although, really, can you imagine how those old "Oh, my God, we're losing to the Yankees!" heebie-jeebies would have risen up had the Evil Empire beaten Boston's ace in Fenway? 'Tis Halloween-y scary to think about.)

Anyway ... no. This playoff baseball moment involves beer!

It involves a Houston Astros fan and all-around magnificent human, Eddie Flores, who promised to buy beer for everyone sitting around him if George Springer hit a homer in Game 1 of the Astros-Indians ALDS. And in the fifth inning, George Springer did! And Flores bought everyone around him in Section 103 of Minute Maid Park a beer to celebrate!

It cost Flores somewhere in the neighborhood of $500. But it was worth it!

"I just love my team, man," Flores told the Houston Chronicle. "I knew Springer was going to hit one, and I wanted everyone to know it. I called it."

He did!

Isn't playoff baseball great?

No comments:

Post a Comment